Kati Basti A traditional Ayurvedic therapy has the privilege of offering the best care for backache and disorders of Lumbo-sacral region. Kati is the waist area of the body. Basti is the holding of warm Ayurvedic oils on the affected areas (KatiBasti). A therapeutic treatment where special healing oil is retained tropically in a special flour cabinet on back or specific area for a certain duration. The maintenance should be ensured of the oil temperature along with adding more oil continuously and reheating. The oil is applied for 30 to 40 minutes.
After the completion of the treatment, there can be gentle massaging of the affected area followed by steaming for about quarter of an hour for better absorption of the medicine. The duration of this course is 5 to 7 days as per requirement of the Ayurveda practitioner.
KATIBASTI treatment carries a special pain relieving and soothing effect by releasing muscle tension and stiffness and greasing the spine.
Katibasti is recommended in lumbago, sore office back, Sciatica, Slip and degenerative Disc, Disc prolapse, Lumbar Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis, Spinal herniation, Spina Bifida, Stiff shoulder and nerve pain.
Benefits of KATI VASTI
- Numbness and most types of low back pain due to Sciatic nerve compression
- Back muscles are strengthened and thereby maintaining the spine normal curvature, which are bone tissues.
- This has been effective in treating any kind of stiffness, spinal disorders, back pain, and other back concerns in relation to spinal disc problems
- The increase of circulation in the region and Katibasti has been very effective in inflammatory conditions
- The alleviation of lower back conditions such as Sciatica, Lumbago (low back ache), Inter vertebral disc prolapses, and Lumber Spondylosis
- Alleviation of pain associated with tumors, spinal tuberculosis, dislocation, and fracture
- Katibasti Strengthens soft tissues and joint muscles and enables the patient resuming back to normal activities and work.